Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recipe Review: Red Chile Sauce Chicken Enchiladas

For dinner last night we had these Red Chile Sauce Chicken Enchiladas from Mel's Kitchen Cafe and they were delicious.  It's always nice to have homemade recipes for basic things like enchilada sauce, and this red enchilada sauce definitely did not dissappoint.

We don't like too much heat so I toned it down by using only a few Mezzetta Tamed Jalapeno slices with the ribs and seeds removed, and only 4 teaspoons chili powder.  Also I only used half of the onion that the recipe calls for.  Other than those changes the recipe was the same.

I think next time I make these enchiladas I will triple the sauce and chicken and freeze the extra for future meals.  I bet the chicken would also make good Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowls, you wouldn't need so much sauce.  And I bet you could probably throw the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker instead of cooking the chicken on the stove top.

No comments:

Post a Comment