Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Frosting (Wendy's)

My sister, Wendy, gave me this recipe along with her sugar cookie recipe. Didn't have the time or energy to make the cookies, so I used some cookie dough in a tube and frosted them with this frosting - they were delicious! This frosting is just so smooth and creamy. Wendy's recipe calls for 2 Tblsp milk, but I had seen something on TV where they said you could use corn syrup instead, so that's what I did and I really liked the results. Oh, and it freezes well, also. Thanks for the great recipe, Wendy!

Frosting (Wendy's)

1/2 cup shortening -- softened
1/2 cup butter -- softened
2 tablespoons milk or corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Cream shortening and butter together. Add the milk (or corn syrup) and vanilla. Beat the powdered sugar in until smooth. Add more milk if too stiff, or more powdered sugar if too runny.

GLUTEN and SOY FREE DIRECTIONS: Use gluten-free and soy-free shortening, butter, corn syrup, and vanilla. Often times gluten and/or soy can hide in natural flavorings, so make sure your butter and shortening is free of natural flavoring.

DAIRY FREE DIRECTIONS: Use a non-dairy butter substitute (Soy-Free Earth Balance is good) and corn syrup instead of milk.

Source: Wendy
Ratings: 7 - Very Good 7

NOTES : The original recipe calls for milk, not corn syrup.
JEN'S NOTES: I prefer a little more vanilla, maybe 1 1/2 teaspoons total. I always use corn syrup and I always start with 3 cups of powdered sugar, then add more if I want a thicker consistency.

1 comment:

  1. Your frosting recipe totally saved me! I was making Tyli's Curious George Cake and ran out. It worked perfectly! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete